We operate the website www.wychwoodart.com. We are Wychwood Art Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 08987630 and with our registered office at Hillside, Albion Street, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire OX7 5BH.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and any replacement or amending legislation, the data controller is Wychwood Art Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 08987630 and with our registered office at Hillside, Albion Street, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire OX7 5BH.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the legislation is Deborah Allen.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.wychwoodart.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include:
- “Contact Information” – your name, address, e-mail address and phone number
- “Payment Information” – financial and credit card information
- “Visual Information” – if you are an artist, we collect biographical information and photographs
- “Marketing and Communications Information” your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
- “Technical Information” – internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. Please see the section below regarding the uses made of your information.
Uses made of the information
By law, we can only use personal information about you on a limited number of defined bases – the “lawful bases”. The lawful bases are as follows:
- The data subject has consented to such use.
- The use is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject.
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we owe.
- The use is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another person.
- The use is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or in the exercise of official authority.
- The use is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests of us or a third party (except where such interests are overridden by your fundamental rights and interests).
Of particular concern to us are the bases identified in 1, 2, 3 and 6 above.
The table below shows what uses we make of the information we collect and what category of information is involved in that use. It also shows what lawful bases are applicable to each use:
|Use/Activity||Data Required||Lawful Basis|
|To register you as a customer||
|To register you as an artist||
To process and deliver your order or, in the case of artists, orders made for your work, including to:
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you including from time to the goods or services of third parties.||
Disclosure of your information
Pursuant to the uses set out in the table above, we may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you; where you have made a purchase from the online shop, we will share your Contact Information with our selected carrier or the artist so that they can deliver your order to you. We may also disclose certain of your information to our professional advisers. Such advisers are under professional ethical obligations to maintain the confidentiality of any information we give to them.
- Wychwood Art, like many businesses, sometimes hires selected third parties who act on our behalf to support our operations, such as (i) card processing or payment services, (ii) credit reference agencies to protect against possible fraud, (iii) IT suppliers and contractors (e.g. data hosting providers or delivery partners) as necessary to provide IT support and enable us to provide services and other goods/services available on this Site or to users (iv) web analytics providers, (v) providers of digital advertising services and (vi) providers of CRM, marketing and sales software solutions. Pursuant to our instructions and contracts, these parties may access, process or store your personal data in the course of performing their duties to us and solely in order to perform the services we have hired them to provide.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Wychwood Art Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will only share the minimum information necessary for the purpose (which will never include any special category data without your consent) and will seek your express consent to share identifying information outside of above organisations or outside of the EEA (save for in the circumstances set out above).
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted by Barclaycard ePDQ. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the following rights under law in respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- The right of access to your information to verify the legality of our use of it;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is rectified;
- The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it;
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- The right not to be subject to a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by writing to us at the address given below. We will respond to any request to exercise any of these rights promptly, and in any event within 30 days.
If you feel that your rights have been breached in any way, you should contact us at the address given below, or lodge an official complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask for your consent (before collecting your data) if we wish to use your data for such purposes or if we wish to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can update your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.