About this work of Art
Gold Plated Engineered Mackerel by artist Alastair Gibson is a Carbon Art Engineered Inspired Sculpture. Sculptures limited to ten pieces per colour option.
Alastair Gibson says: “A sculpture of an iconic, fast fish with a hydro-dynamic, low-drag shape. Selected parts and materials used in this sculpture are parts from modern F1 Grand Prix cars as listed below.”
– Body: Carbon fibre, 4 plies / layers 2 x 2 twill 200 gsm material 2.4 mm total thickness.
Dorsal, second dorsal and vent fins: 0.4 mm gold plated photo etched stainless steel with helicopter tape vacuumed covering. This tape is used for the protection of wing and body work leading edges.
Caudal, pectoral and tail fins: 0.4 mm gold plated photo etched stainless steel.
– Nostrils: 0.1 mm Aluminium aero tape, used on 50% wind tunnel models.
– Jaw detail: 1.75 mm 50/56 rolled aluminium welding rod used in the welding of oil and water radiators header tanks.
– Eyes: Titanium machined top hat with ‘diamond’ insert.
– Gill covers: 0.2 mm gold fablon with needle rollers from the Honda gearbox hub bearings part no BRG 000 310.
– Marking detail: Stencilled gold coated markings.
– Exhausts: – 3 Titanium 45° hydraulic fittings.
– Mounting: FIA legality perma-glass underfloor plank from Sahara Force India F1 Team, part number P080 C02 1008 / 1 L24, used at the 2014 Monaco GP, Nico Hulkenburg, with floor stay 1070 D02 0030.
– Mounting methods: Desk or floor mounted.
Dimensions: L 60cm W 11cm H 38cm on base.
Weight: 650 grams
- Free Delivery to the U.K. - For deliveries outside of the U.K. please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping quote prior to purchasing as delivery is charged on top of the sale price for international deliveries.
- Size : H 38 cm x W 11 cm