About this work of Art
Gold Plated Sturgeon by Alastair Gibson is a Carbon Art Engineered Inspired Sculpture. Sculpture limited to ten pieces.
Alastair Gibson Says: “Capturing the stealth-like shape of this iconic, ancient fish. Engineering methods, materials and selected parts from modern F1 Grand Prix cars are used in the production of this sculpture.”
– Body: Carbon fibre 4 plies / layers 2 x 2 twill 200 gsm 2.4 mm total thickness, with UV resistant clear coating.
– Fins: Gold plated 0.8 mm photo etched stainless steel with attachment bolts from the Honda F1 GP Team, part number P235-104/B & P235-104/A.
– Nostrils: Mid rear wing adjuster lozenge Honda part number 060 F2 071.
– Jaw and teeth: Lower rear wing adjuster lozenge Honda part numbers 060 F2 111P 1 LH, 060 F2 117 P4 LH and 060 F2 116 P3 RH.
– Eyes: Pressed steel coated plugs.
– Gill detail: Suspension bolt Honda part number FMC 000027 with 0.2 mm gold adhesive detail.
– Mandibular barbels: 4 Shaped NS aluminium welding rods.
– Body panel detailing: 0.2 mm Individually shaped brushed aluminium.
– Exhausts: Titanium – 4 hydraulic fittings with aluminium coated tubing.
– Vent: Titanium – 3 hydraulic 45° fitting.
– Spine detail: Gold plated suspension bolts Honda part number FMX 02 with 0.4 mm photo etched stainless steel.
– Mounting base and rod: Section of FIA legality perma-glass underfloor plank with wheel nut locking housing from the Honda F1 GP Team, part number 051 C1 013/2, Jenson Button, Spanish GP 2006, with double clutch actuator rod from the Honda F1 GP Team, part number VHM-000831\1 L21.
– Mounting methods: Desk or floor mounted.
Dimensions: L 120cm W 24cm H 26cm not on base.
Weight: 6.5 kg
- Size : H 26 cm x W 120 cm